Our Private Client Section regional double seminars are normally a great opportunity both learn and to get together over wine and snacks. COVID-19 has postponed our face to face events, but our learning and networking will continue using our new online interactive webinar platform.
We’ve taken the decision to cancel all face-to-face events until the end of July 2020. We’re replacing our spring double regional seminars with online events.
The first wil be a webinar on Wednesday 10 June at 2pm. Join our speakers, Naomi Neville and John Bunker, both from Irwin Mitchell LLP, for a practical update on recent changes affecting inheritance tax case law.
How to set up a trust - masterclass
We’re currently reviewing when to cover this topic. We’ll keep you updated.
Seminar one: Inheritance case law update
This one-hour seminar will provide a practical focus on recent changes affecting inheritance tax. This event is inclusive to Private Client Section members and will be available OnDemand afterwards.
It will likely cover:
- a post-budget update including any changes to IHT relief and allowances
- a case law update considering:
- accidental interests in possession and trusts of property
- HMRC v Staveley and recent judgments
- Barclays Wealth case and excluded property settlements
- Routier case outcome and the definition of ‘charity’
- changes to client guidance considering the outcomes of the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) and All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) reports on intergenerational tax fairness
- making best use of the residence nil rate band for married and unmarried couples
- civil partnership and marriage – tax pros and cons.
SRA continuing competency codes
A2, B1, D3