The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will replace the EU Data Protection Directive and the Data Protection Act 1998, with effect from 25th May 2018, regardless of Brexit.
This session will cover:
- What is the GDPR and key definitions
- Who is impacted? - compliance, HR and employees too
- Personal data - what is regulated under the GDPR.
- Individual rights - what will this impact
- Consent - how is your company seeking, obtaining and recording consent to the GDPR standard?
- Documentation - do your staff know how to document details of the personal data they hold?
- extension of liability to service providers - are your contracts up to speed?
- the right to be forgotten- is your software compliant?
- data loss and reporting - training staff to look for red flags
Recorded on 19 March 2018