This inclusive webinar will discuss the key changes to standards and regulations introduced by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in November 2019.
In this one-hour webinar, we will discuss the revised SRA handbook, which have paved the way for solicitiors working outside SRA-regulated entities and on a freelance basis. We will also look at how we can ensure compliance to these new regulations.
This webinar will cover:
- the key changes to the SRA Principles, SRA Codes and SRA Accounts Rules
- the new forms of practice
- the role of the compliance officers
- an overview of your risk-based regulatory priorities
By attending this webinar, you will gain:
- an awareness of the new Standards and Regulations
- an understanding of the different expectations for individual solicitors
- an insight into the SRA’s expectations in terms of regulation
- suggestions for the changes you need to make
Tracey Calvert – Director, Oakalls Consultancy
Tracey is the Co-Vice-Chair of the International Bar Association’s Professional Ethics Committee, a lawyer and the director of Oakalls Consultancy Limited. She is a regulatory, compliance and ethics specialist providing a variety of advisory services to members of the solicitor’s profession.
She is a regular speaker and trainer on these topics and has delivered presentations both within the UK and internationally. Tracey is also a board member of both the Wilmington Group’s Legal Compliance Association and the Law Society’s Legal Compliance Bulletin. She is a contributor to ‘Cordery on Legal Services’, writes a monthly column for the ‘Solicitors Journal’, and has written several books on compliance and ethics.
Tracey was previously employed by the Law Society and the SRA as a senior ethics adviser and a policy executive. She has also worked both in private practice and in an in-house role.
This webinar is free to Risk and Compliance Service members.