The Law Society Library maintains a database of enquiries called Common Queries. These include results from research to find forms, precedents, rules, regulations and guidance. These records can be accessed via the library catalogue.
Precedents for separation agreements can be found in the following resources.
Clark, Practical Matrimonial Precedents (loose leaf)
- Section H1 Separation Agreements
- H1a: Separation deed
- H1b: Specimen clauses for separation deeds
- H1c: Reconciliation deed
- H1d: Specimen clauses for reconciliation deeds
Duckworth, Matrimonial Property & Finance (loose leaf)
- Para. G: Separation agreement
Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, vol. 16(2) Family (2016)
- Form 27: Deed of separation between a married couple or civil partners
Wood, Cohabitation: Law, Practice and Precedents, 8th ed. (2020)
- Separation agreement at p. 799-801
Cohabitation: Law and Precedents (loose leaf)
- Chapter 2, para. 2-013 onward, contains
- separating cohabitant checklist for practitioners
- client information sheet and guidance for separating cohabitants, including financial issues and children
- deed of separation for separating cohabitants
- precedent court order for separating cohabitant
- precedent transfer document
- precedent charge back document
Last updated 01/11/2021
Copies of all documents listed here can be supplied by e-mail via Lawdocs, our document supply service. Click here for more details.
For help and enquiries please contact the Law Society Library on 020 7320 5946 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This FAQ is compiled by the Law Society Library. Comments relating to the questions should be sent to email@example.com.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this article, it does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. The Law Society does not accept any responsibility for liabilities arising as a result of reliance upon the information given.