All solicitors regulated under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 need to comply with a complex set of anti-money laundering (AML) obligations.
One of these obligations is conducting a comprehensive firm-wide risk assessment, along with the usual client and matter risk assessments.
While on paper the process might seem straightforward, the SRA has identified some challenges among our members with writing a high-quality risk assessment that effectively feeds into firms’ policies, controls and procedures.
This webinar features a panel of expert speakers on AML compliance. The speakers will share best practice tips and insights into drafting your firm-wide risk assessments and keeping them up to date.
This webinar covers:
- SRA findings – TCSP Thematic Review 2019
- how to draft a high-quality risk assessment
- how to keep your risk assessment up to date
- how to make sure that your risk assessment feeds in to your policies, controls and procedures
- how to develop high levels of risk-awareness across your firm
Pearl Moses, operational director, Membership Services Development, Law Society
Amy Bell, member of the Money Laundering Task Force and director of Teal Compliance, Law Society
Fiona Fleming, member of the Money Laundering Task Force
Nicola Kirby, member of the Money Laundering Task Force and compliance & ethics attorney, Latham & Watkins
This webinar is free of charge for all members.