The Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) is expecting to adjudicate on a steady stream of sexual misconduct cases in the coming year.
Seven cases have already been lodged with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in 2019, with a further eight to 12 expected before the end of the year. The regulator estimates a further 20 sexual misconduct cases being sent to the SDT in 2020.
This webinar gives practitioners a blueprint for handling complaints of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
Our experts will also give practical advice on how to deal with an SRA investigation into sexual misconduct in the #MeToo era.
This webinar will cover:
- the SRA’s approach to sexual misconduct in the workplace
- sexual misconduct policies and procedures
- how a firm should investigate complaints of sexual misconduct
- sanctions available to firms in sexual misconduct cases
- the SRA’s warning notice on non-disclosure agreements
- your reporting obligations under the 2019 Codes of Conduct
- disciplinary proceedings arising from sexual misconduct
- Nigel West, partner at RadcliffesLeBrasseur
Nigel heads the solicitors disciplinary team. He has defended solicitors facing SRA investigations and SDT disciplinary proceedings for over twenty years, and has advised a number of solicitors and firms facing SRA investigations into sexual misconduct issues over the past two years.
- Sejal Raja, partner and head of employment at RadcliffesLeBrasseur
Sejal advises on all aspects of employment law, including disciplinary and grievance procedures, unfair and wrongful dismissal, whistleblowing claims, sexual harassment and discrimination claims, and settlement agreements.
- Alexis Hearnden, barrister and counsel at 39 Essex Chambers
Alexis specialises in professional discipline across a range of sectors, including solicitors defence work. Current advisory work includes claims of workplace sexual harassment and misconduct against solicitors. In the healthcare context – where claims of sexual misconduct have long attracted the interest of the regulators – Alexis has considerable experience acting both for the regulator and the registrant.
This webinar is discounted 20% for Risk and Compliance Service members.