This webinar will cover top areas of the risk and compliance that firms need to be thinking about right now from a practical perspective.
Our expert, who has tackled these areas, shares her own experiences and gives important tips to focus on.
This webinar will cover:
- the new Code of Conduct in a nutshell (including the new accounts rules)
- how to tackle training and compliance
- AML regulations and Criminal Finances Act two years on
- price transparency – what is it, what you have to do and where it’s going next
- reporting concerns and #MeToo – SRA consultation and outcomes – what you should be thinking of
- other areas of compliance, including what you have to do to be compliant, the Modern Slavery Act and the Home Office audit and GDPR
Rebecca Atkinson, director of risk and compliance at Howard Kennedy LLP
After being called to the Bar in 2006, Rebecca worked for the government legal services before beginning her compliance journey at the Law Society in 2007. After five years at the Law Society Rebecca moved into risk in law firms and worked at Surrey firm Barlow Robbins before joining Howard Kennedy LLP in 2014.
Rebecca has set up Howard Kennedy LLP’s risk function which is now a team of five handling all aspects of risk and compliance including PI renewal, complaints, claims, conduct queries, AML on-boarding and on-going monitoring. Rebecca is the firm’s money laundering compliance officer as well as its money laundering reporting officer.
This webinar is discounted by 20% to risk and compliance service members.