The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) will be issuing new Standards and Regulations later this year which will replace the SRA Handbook and reduce it in length by about two-thirds.
It will have a new reduced set of principles, two separate Codes of Conduct - an individual solicitor code and a firm code - and simplified Account Rules with changes to the definition of client money and client account, and the introduction of third-party managed accounts.
The new rules also pave the way to solicitors working outside SRA-regulated entities and on a freelance basis.
This seminar will cover:
- the key changes to the SRA Principles, SRA Codes and SRA Accounts Rules
- the new forms of practice
- the role of the compliance officers
- an overview of your risk-based regulatory priorities
- Monday 16 September (fully booked)
- Tuesday 1 October (fully booked)
- Wednesday 9 October
- Monday 28 October (fully booked)
- Monday 11 November