Find out about Section membership and benefits, and join or renew your membership
What we do
We give you access to the best practice support you need, when, where and how you want it, on the issues that matter to you. From flood risk and conveyancing fraud, to working with lenders, and from break clauses and capital allowances to outcomes-focused regulation.
Our support will help you achieve best practice, because it comes from specialist residential, commercial, and landlord and tenant practitioner members, with access to government and key market influencers, including Land Registry and the Council of Mortgage Lenders.
“The Property Section provides the best support property lawyers can get for their money. I would not hesitate to recommend it.”
Nick Fluck, Law Society president and property solicitor
In 2013, Property Section membership delivered:
- 14 hours of CPD-accredited best practice learning
- 83 pages of features and comments from key industry experts in our magazine Property in Practice (worth £60)
- Over 100 updates on case law and legislation from LexisNexis®
- Over £850-worth of discounts off other Law Society books and events, including our flagship annual conference and the Conveyancing Handbook
Who we are
Our Section committee of specialist commercial and residential property practitioners, elected by Section members, works with Law Society experts to ensure we give you the best possible support. Section committee members include the Law Society’s deputy vice president and our elected Council member for residential and commercial property.
Who can join
Membership is open to practising property solicitors, licensed conveyancers, and trainees.
Your benefits for the year ahead:
- 14 CPD points earned using your:
As well as: