From operating within an uncertain economic landscape to complying with new legislation, our Commercial Property Conference gave an update on the key issues, latest predictions, expectations and risk prevention for 2023/24.
As the UK recovers from the aftermath of COVID-19 and battles its way through rising inflation and interest rates, the commercial property market faces several challenges.
Industry experts offered updates and practical support on:
- the impact of soaring energy prices on real estate borrowing costs
- complying with the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (1 April 2023)
- new legislation and proposals: Building Safety Act, Electronic Communication Code, financial services and commercial service charge cases
- incorporating sustainability considerations into legal advice
- lenders’ attitudes and financial considerations
The conference was discounted for Property Section members.