On 2 June 2020, the Law Society published guidance for firms on the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
We’ve included an overview and information on:
- claiming a grant
- choosing who to furlough
- getting agreement from workers.
The page also lists scenarios to explain how flexible furlough will work, and frequently asked questions such as:
- Can I get funding for workers if they are still working but on reduced hours?
- Can I have a roll-on/roll-off approach to furloughing?
- Can a worker refuse to be furloughed?
- Can I still furlough workers if I cannot afford to pay them until I receive the grant?
- Can I make a furloughed employee redundant?
- How can I recall a worker who has been furloughed?
- How does furloughing work with parental leave?
- Can trainees be furloughed?