Watch this webinar to learn what the potential pitfalls Part 36 around are, and how you can avoid running into them.
Part 36 is a notoriously difficult area of civil procedure, with numerous attempts at reforming the rules having failed to stem the flow of disputes as to the validity of offers or their effects.
This recorded webinar, inclusive for members of the Civil Litigation Section, will focus on issues highlighted by recent case law such as:
- Who can make a claimant’s or defendant’s offer, and why it matters
- What will invalidate a Part 36 offer
- How Part 36 offers work, in the context of split trials
- When can the court dis-apply the usual costs consequences
- The extent to which formal service is required
In each case the potential pitfalls will be explored together with practical tips on how to avoid them, with examples and illustrations from experience.
The one-hour webinar was recorded on 5 July 2022.
- Maura McIntosh, Professional Support Consultant, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Stephen Mason, Senior Counsel, Travlaw (Chair)