Fixed recoverable costs (FRCs) set the amount of legal costs that the winning party can claim back from the losing party in civil litigation. FRCs already apply in most low-value personal injury cases, but the government plans to extend FRCs to more areas from October 2023.
This on-demand event discusses the regime and amended rules.
Attendees had the opportunity to ask the expert panel about how the new rules will work in practice.
This session covers:
- an overview of upcoming changes in relation to litigation costs
- what should be on firms’ radars
- how these changes might affect your remuneration/income and day-to-day work
This session was recorded on 6 June 2023.
- James Perry, consultant solicitor at Yorks Law and chair of the Dispute Resolution Section advisory committee
- David Marshall, managing partner at Antony Gold Solicitors LLP
- Jonathan Scarsbrook, partner at Irwin Mitchell
- John Cuss, solicitor and head of corporate services and strategic partnerships at Hudgell Solicitors
- Nicola Critchley, partner at DWF Law LLP