We are looking for brilliant and practical women solicitors to join our committee!
This round of applications is targeted specifically at Law Students and Trainee Solicitors.
Who we are
The Women Lawyers Division is a division of the Law Society of England and Wales. The current Women Lawyers Division began it’s life as the Association of Women’s Solicitors in 1926. It’s role is to support women lawyers, with the committee giving women an independent voice.
Membership of the division is automatic, members benefit from excellent networking opportunities through a comprehensive program of events, up-to-date opinions from industry experts, latest news articles, interviews, tailored training and other services.
What we do
The WLD committee provides members with an opportunity to:
- Discuss issues concerning the profession, women in particular
- Benefit from training, advice, and career guidance
- Network and connect with other women lawyers
- Ensure their views are heard
- Contribute to WLD campaigns, lobbying activities and consultations
- Be a female law student or trainee solicitor.
- have an active input in six - eight committee meetings a year, for up to a three year term with reasonable expenses paid.
- Represent the division at and take part in, WLD, Law Society and other events.
You will have:
- A practical and current knowledge of, and an interest in, the issues affecting all women in the profession.
- Creative and forward-thinking ideas for events, articles, projects and social media posts on how to tackle these issues with limited resources.
- A track record of collaborative working whilst contributing to inclusivity and diversity issues either as an employee or as a volunteer
- We especially welcome applications from women who do not study/work, or live in London.
The deadline for return of applications is 12:00 Monday 17 October
- Shortlisting of anonymised applications will take place by 21 October. All candidates will be advised within 10 working days of the closing date if they have been successful.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview at the Law Society on 28 October for a first meeting date of early November.
Please email your application to WLD and let us know if you require any assistance with completing your application.
Download the application form below
- Word, Size 0.19 mb