The new SRA Codes of Conduct for firms and individuals have changed the obligations of COLPs, COFAs and managers to manage risk in regulated firms.
In this one-hour webinar our experts, authors of the Solicitors Handbook 2019, bring you up-to-date on:
- the new rules on supervision and training requiring changes in policies in those areas
- the wider obligations on COLPs to manage personal comments by employees use on social media platforms
- the new obligations relating to contractual provisions which should be included in contracts between firms and third parties
- the question whether risk registers are still needed
- the new risks relating to monies paid into office account
This webinar will cover:
- The Code of Conduct for Solicitors and the Code of Conduct for Firms
- The new rules on supervision and training
- The wider obligations of COLPs, COFAs and managers
- Nigel West, partner and head of department, RadcliffesLeBrasseur
Nigel West is a partner in RadcliffesLeBrasseur, where he heads the Solicitor’s Disciplinary Team. He has defended solicitors facing SRA investigations and Solicitors disciplinary proceedings for over twenty years.
Nigel is named as a leading individual for professional discipline by Legal 500. He is a co-author of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal: law and practice (Law Society 2015), a co-author of the Solicitors Handbook 2019 and the Cases Editor for the Law Society’s Legal Compliance Bulletin. He is a Committee Member of the Solicitors Assistance Scheme, a member of the Law Society’s Regulatory Processes Committee and a sitting member of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal User Group.
- Susanna Haley, partner, RadcliffesLeBrasseur
Susanna Haley is a partner in RadcliffesLeBrasseur specialising in solicitors’ regulation. A regular advocate before the SRA and SDT, Susanna is a co-author of the Solicitors Handbook 2019 with Greg Treverton Jones QC, Nigel West and Robert Forman and of The Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal with Nigel West.
This webinar is inclusive to Risk and Compliance Service members.