The Junior Lawyers Division is holding a free one-day skills event to assist LPC students and LPC graduates with their search for a training position.
Please join us for presentations, discussion and activities which will be of value and assistance to LPC students and LPC graduates, with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The programme is available to download and highlights include:
- Routes to qualification: an overview of the various routes to qualification from the traditional training contract model through to equivalent means, CILEX and apprenticeships and the implications of the Solicitor Qualification Exam proposals.
- How to find the right law firm or organisation for you: Do you want to work in private practice? Have you considered the various in-house options? Find out how to research law firms and organisations – from the type of business they undertake, their client base and future sector developments. Feel confident in answering “why this firm?”
- Application interviews - the questions you need to answer: Examples of typical interview questions and how to answer them. Show how you can demonstrate business awareness and sell yourself.
- Assessment centres: What are they and how do they work? Demonstration through mock interviews.
- What I did to get my training position: Hear from our panel of speakers on how they secured their training position. Range of experiences and backgrounds will be explored.
- Networking and social media: a practical exercise to help you achieve your goals.
Individual 30 minute CV clinics will be running throughout the day for delegates attending the forum.
Information about the CV clinics, including how to book an appointment with a CV adviser, will be sent to delegates by email about a week before the event.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Only delegates attending the forum are eligible for a CV clinic.
If you are interested in attending a CV clinic with an adviser please be prepared to have an up to date CV available.