To mark international Human Rights Day and to coincide with European Lawyers Day on 10 December the Law Society of England and Wales and the Bar Council will be holding a joint seminar on Freedom of Expression.
When:10/12/2015 09:30 - 12:00
Venue:The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
Overview CPD hours 2.0
The seminar will focus on Freedom of Expression in particular in relation to:
- the increasing number of lawyers and human rights defenders around the globe who are facing politically motivated prosecutions, unfair trials, wrongful convictions and arbitrary detention for peacefully exercising freedom of expression in the course of carrying out their professional responsibilities.
- This seminar will highlight and raise awareness to this worrying trend as well as recognize the great work of lawyers in this field.
- Stephen Grosz, Chair Law Society Human Rights Committee
- Mandira Sharma (Nepal lawyer)
- Representative from Bar Council (TBC)