27 September 2018, 14:00-18:30
The Law Society, London. Included in your section membership.
Risks for the litigation practitioner: How to identify and manage them
This year’s Civil Litigation Section autumn conference will focus on the risks that litigators face and will equip you with the knowledge to manage such risks.
Key questions that the expert speakers will address include:
- Will all professional negligence claims be covered by your professional indemnity insurance? In what circumstances could you end up without cover or full cover?
- Are you complying with your professional obligations? What advice are you required to give clients in respect of the costs they could incur, the methods of funding/insuring cases and the cost/benefit of pursuing or defending a claim (that is in itself including a risk analysis of a client’s case)?
- Are you placing yourself at risk of censure or sanction from the court in the way you conduct litigation on behalf of clients? When can and should you decline to do something that the clients ask you to do?
- When can you get on the wrong side of the law?
- In what circumstances could you be putting yourself at reputational risk?
Hear the answers to these questions and how to manage the risks associated by joining the Civil Litigation Section Committee and your peers at the autumn conference.
As always, the conference has been built with you in mind and will put you in front of key industry stakeholders in an interactive, informal event with a focus on learning outcomes and professional development.
The event, concluding with a drinks reception, will offer you plenty of opportunities to network with conference speakers, fellow delegates and the Civil Litigation Section Committee.