This 20-minute podcast gives a brief practical overview of EU competition law concerning the e-commerce aspects of vertical agreements.
This podcast is an edited version of the full-length webinar on the same subject matter. The webinar also covers, by way of background, the EC’s Vertical Agreements block exemption and Vertical Restraints Guidelines.
This podcast summarises the following:
- the EC’s general approach to restrictions of internet selling
- practical issues with vertical restraints following the EC’s E-commerce sector enquiry report
- restrictions on AdWords – the Guess decision
- marketplace bans – the Coty judgment
- CMA enforcement and the significance of the Ping judgment
- the EU Geo-blocking Regulation
- implications for supply chain management
- Richard Eccles, partner at Bird & Bird LLP
Richard Eccles is a partner in Bird & Bird’s Competition and EU Law Group in London. He advises on competition law in relation to a wide range of industries.
Richard has 30 years experience of EU and UK competition law, including anti-trust, merger control and the EU state aid rules, and competition regulation and EU law. He has particular experience in the electronic communications, broadcasting, IT, sports, life sciences and postal services sectors.
Richard has conducted cases before the European Commission, the European Court of Justice, and in the UK, the Competition Appeal Tribunal, the Office of Fair Trading, the Competition and Markets Authority and sector regulators including Ofcom. Richard is the current chair of the Law Society’s Competition Section.
SRA continuing competency codes
A2 and A4
Listen to the podcast:
This webinar is inclusive to Competition Section members and £54 to non-Section members.