We’re recruiting Chinese law firms to participate in a legal market visit from China to London, from 30 June – 1 July 2015.
The visit will be a unique opportunity for Chinese lawyers from small to medium sized Chinese firms to meet their counterparts in England and Wales and thereby build and expand their network in the UK.
Delegates will gain insight into: the English legal sector, how to do business in England and Wales, and the current opportunities for Chinese firms.
The programme, which focuses on information-sharing, relationship-building and creating business opportunities between Chinese and UK law firms, will include the following activities:
Day one - Tuesday 30 June:
- A market intelligence briefing
- A roundtable with English and Welsh law firms on a topic of mutual interest
- A seminar on how to do business in England and Wales
- Designated time for 1-2-1 meetings between UK and Chinese firms / visits to law firms offices
- Networking opportunities
Day two - Wednesday 1 July:
- Participation at International Marketplace 2015 - The Law Society’s annual international flagship conference will bring together legal professionals from around the world. Delegates can request to speak at the ’Doing legal business in China’ session as part of the main programme**, and will have further networking opportunities on 1 July.
Exclusive brochure for Chinese firms
Aside from the seminars and networking opportunities there will also be a delegation brochure. This will feature the profiles of all the participating Chinese lawyers and law firms, with information about their areas of practice and contact details. The brochure will be circulated among English firms with an interest in China to enable setting up individual meetings.
This means there will be ample opportunity for the Chinese lawyers to meet their future UK partners/customers.
Eligibility and costs
The programme is specially tailored for small and medium-sized Chinese law firms, with ample experience in international legal work but who are not as well known as some of the larger corporate Chinese firms.
Delegates must have a good understanding of the English language to participate in the visit.
*The cost of joining this mission is £250 + VAT per person. In also includes entry to the International Marketplace conference on 1 July which is day two of the programme.
**Priority to speak at International Marketplace is given to International Division members.
Chinese law firms interested in applying to join the delegation must complete the application form above and submit it to Sonam.Khan@lawsociety.org.uk by 1 April 2015.
For English and Welsh law firms interested in meeting Chinese firms, hosting, speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. Please get in touch to register your interest.
- Word, Size 0.19 mb