Aimed at general counsel (or senior legal colleagues) from across the FTSE350 (or equivalent), the aims of the programme are to:
- support general counsel by providing opportunities to share best practice, exchange ideas and experiences, learn from peers, and provide research and benchmarking information
- enable general counsel to influence the overall direction of the legal sector
- promote the in-house profession
- help the Law Society understand and represent general counsel better.
To support these aims, a wide range of initiatives and activities, including the following roundtable discussions, have been planned by an informal advisory panel.
- 15 January 2015: demonstrating the value of the legal team to the business
- 26 February 2015: career progression
- 17 March 2015: in-house training contracts
To register for any of the roundtable discussions, please contact Steve Gauke, relationship manager - general counsel.
- Read the full programme of activities (PDF 465kb)
- Download a list of advisory panel members (PDF 38kb)
Peer consult service
This is a quick and easy way to tap into the knowledge of senior colleagues across the general counsel community by asking your peers (anonymously if you wish) for their thoughts, experiences, tools and example documents. You send us your request, we send it to the rest of the community, collate the answers and share them with you within 24-48 hours.