JUSTICE is delighted to announce that it is now taking bookings for its JSN student conference on Saturday 3 February 2018, kindly hosted by The International Dispute Resolution Centre. This year’s conference will focus on the topic of transforming justice - court modernisation and digital exclusion.
This one day conference provides a unique opportunity for the next generation of lawyers to come together and explore the opportunities and challenges presented by the digital revolution in our courts and tribunals.
This conference will give you the opportunity to meet the JUSTICE team and some experts in this field, as well as new practitioners, to discuss the future justice system. They will be running exciting and thought provoking workshops on some of the challenges of digitisation for people navigating the criminal, civil and immigration and asylum court processes.
You will also have the opportunity to hear about the experiences of their panel of junior lawyers and receive invaluable advice about the journey into legal practice, as well as be party to a conversation with a leading senior practitioner, Alexandra Marks CBE and quiz her about her career.
As a delegate, you will:
- Discuss topical, cutting edge justice issues with leading practitioners
- Gain a greater practical understanding of how the courts and tribunals are changing and what it might mean for your future in the law
- Gain a unique insight into the workings of one of the country’s leading law reform and human rights organisation
- Network with other students interested in careers in public interest law
- Meet the JUSTICE team and explore crucial justice system debates.