This webinar is for those who are responsible for risk and compliance in their firm- whether you are a COLP or assist the COLP.
Our expert will discuss the most important areas of risk and compliance affecting firms today including DAC6, the 5th money laundering directive and the rise in cybercrime. Watch our webinar on demand as we provide practical insight and guidance on recent regulatory changes and the compliance areas your firm should focus on in 2020.
This webinar will cover:
- The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations 5th money laundering directive - what you should have in place and be doing
- The SRA AML visit- an overview of what to expect if you are selected for a visit and how to prepare
- Guidance overload- how to decipher the plethora of guidance and SRA warning notices after the new Codes came into force
- Reporting concerns - changes in new Codes and recap of Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) cases around inappropriate behaviour
- DAC6- what is it and what you need to do
- Cyber recap- what are scammers up to now and steps you can take to prevent being a victim
- Further useful compliance updates
Rebecca Atkinson, director of risk and compliance, Howard Kennedy LLP
After being called to the Bar in 2006, Rebecca worked for the Government Legal Services before beginning her compliance journey at the Law Society in 2007. After 5 years at the Law Society Rebecca moved into risk in law firms in 2012 and worked at Surrey firm Barlow Robbins before joining Howard Kennedy LLP in 2014.
Rebecca has set up Howard Kennedy LLP’s risk function which is now a team of 5 handling all aspects of risk and compliance including PI renewal, complaints, claims, conduct queries, AML on-boarding and on-going monitoring. Rebecca is the firm’s Money Laundering Compliance Officer as well as its Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
This webinar is discounted by 20% to risk and compliance service members.