In order to provide investors with real insight into the emerging investment opportunities in different sectors in Myanmar, City & Financial is organising “The Myanmar Investment Summit”, with the support of the UKTI and UKABC, on 19th February 2015 in London.
As momentum has gathered behind the reforms in Myanmar, very few commentators doubt the commitment of the government there to press ahead with its plans to develop a market economy, supported by appropriate law and regulation, which will offer enormous opportunities to foreign investors.
In addition to offering participants an opportunity to hear about the latest political and economic developments, the event will give practical guidance on doing business in Myanmar and raise awareness of the many opportunities Myanmar has to offer for foreign firms.
Confirmed keynote speakers from Myanmar include:
- U Sett Aung, Deputy Governor of Central Bank & Chairman of Thilawa Special Economic Zone
- Professor Aung Tun Thet, Economic Advisor to the President & MIC Member
- U Aung Naing Oo, Secretary of MIC and Director-General, Myanmar Directorate of Investment and Company Administration
- Daw Khine Khine Nwe, Joint Secretary General, UMFCCI
- U Kyaw Tin, Head of Myanmar Institute of Accountants
The other expert speakers include:
- Stephanie Ashmore, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce
- Philip Bouverat, Director, JCB
- Stephen Jaggs, Allen & Overy LLP
- Simon Makinson, Partner, Head of Myanmar Practice, Allen & Overy LLP
- Christopher Scott, Claridon
- Barry Stowe, Chief Executive, Prudential Corporation Asia
- Alex Warren, Frontier Research & Advisory
- Lisa Weedon, Director, UK Trade & Investment Rangoon
The conference should be attended by senior executives in European and UK companies with an interest in the opportunities that Myanmar presents, including hedge funds and private equity firms.
For more information click here.