UKTI are hosting an event on Wednesday 2 December to provide an opportunity to learn more about the opportunities in energy and infrastructure in Pakistan.
- Date: Wednesday 2 December
- Time: 10:00 - 14:00 (including buffet lunch)
- Venue: Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA
Boasting between 60-80 million middle class consumers, and safer than it has been for many years, Pakistan represents an exciting market.
This UKTI forum will be hosted by the Rt Hon Lord Maude, Minister of State for Trade and Investment and Hon. Shahbaz Sharif, the Chief Minister of Punjab.
Activities will include thought leadership sessions and networking opportunities covering:
- Opportunities in the energy and infrastructure sectors
- Commercial opportunities arising from the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
- How to access routes to business opportunities
Pakistan offers several benefits for UK companies looking to export including:
- A common business language and similar legal practices
- Located in the middle of Asia, Pakistan is a gateway to central Asia and western China. Exciting projects are underway to strengthen existing links, including C-PEC, TAPI and CASA10000
- The 6th largest population in the world, estimated at over 190 million, over 50% of whom are below the age of 27. This represents an aspiring and growing middle class.
- Over 120 British businesses have successful operations in Pakistan; many hundreds more trade in services and goods. In 2014 bilateral trade was over £2.5 billion. The British and Pakistani Prime Ministers are committed to increasing this to £3 billion
Register to join UKTI at the UK-Pakistan Trade Forum today.