Following the success of the fourth Russian Law Week conference in London and English Law Week 2017 in Moscow and St Petersburg, the Law Society and the Bar Council are organising the fifth Russian Law Week conference in London from 12 to 14 November 2018.
Russian Law Week will bring together Russian and UK legal practitioners and business representatives to promote legal links and business between the two countries. It is a fantastic opportunity for English and Welsh legal practitioners to meet with Russian counterparts to discuss current trends in legal services in Russia and England and Wales.
The programme includes high profile panel discussions chaired by well-known legal experts on the following topics:
- Law firms in Russia: Innovations, Challenges and Opportunities for Russian and International Firms
- Latest Legal Developments in FinTech
- Changes in the Regulation of Bankruptcy
- Update on Arbitration Reform in Russia
- Soft skills for the 2020s – what characteristics will distinguish the best lawyers of the future?
- Ethics in International Arbitration
- Sanctions, anti-sanctions and their economics and legal effects
The conference is part of our wider, on-going efforts to strengthen links between the legal professions of the two jurisdictions and will look in detail at how best to cater to the demands of both countries increasingly global businesses and legal requirements.
On 13 November, Jones Day will host a seminar on The Prague Rules on the Taking of Evidence: The “Civil War” in the “Common Law” World of Arbitration? The discussion will be moderated by Tatiana Minaeva, of counsel at Jones Day (London), and opened by Andrey Panov, senior associate at Norton Rose Fulbright (Moscow) and co-chair of the Working Group on the Prague Rules. The seminar will be followed by a networking reception.
Delegates can register to attend the two-day conference for £250 plus VAT. The registration fee includes attendance to all session and the networking reception. Please click here to register for the conference.