On 21 July, the Law Commission published three reports on reforming leasehold home ownership.
The reports cover:
- reinvigorating commonhold
- exercising the right to manage.
The Law Commission has recommended:
- a new, single enfranchisement regime designed to benefit leaseholders of both houses and flats
- incentivising commonhold to make it the preferred alternative to leasehold in future
- relaxing the requirements for leaseholders to exercise the right to manage.
Read our responses to the Law Commission’s three consultations: