We’ve had many questions from our members about the possible impacts of COVID-19 on conveyancing transactions.
Issues raised have included potential:
- requests for properties being decontaminated
- refusal to vacate on completion because seller in isolation
- failure or disruption to parts of the banking system (such as CHAPS)
- inability to obtain search results if people are not available to carry out the searches
- reluctance on the part of removal company employees to enter properties
- difficulties in obtaining witnesses
- issues in mortgage lending surveys physical valuations.
What everyone wants to understand (and ideally control) is who bears the risk in various situations.
We’re keeping the coronavirus situation under review. Our online resources will be updated regularly to reflect the most recent guidance.
If you’re planning to visit one of our offices or 113 Chancery Lane, see here for the latest information.