Read the latest updates from our April 2021 meeting with HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS).
In April 2021, the Law Society met with the probate service user group, to share feedback and help improve the service.
Key advice from HMCTS on how to make a successful probate application covered:
- probate service data
- ‘stops’ issues: inheritance tax forms
- communicating progress to service users
- where to send documents
- access codes
Upcoming changes include:
- deleting unsubmitted cases
- stakeholders named in the will
- online applications from trust corporations
- applying by post: PA1A, PA1P and PA8A forms
Tell us your questions
Our next meeting will take place at the end of May 2021.
You can send any questions you would like us to raise to firstname.lastname@example.org.