On 14 April 2020, the Law Society released advice on international aspects of mental capacity
The guidance is for solicitors who don’t regularly give advice to clients who are:
- moving or retiring abroad
- returning from living abroad
- owners of property or other assets overseas.
- private international law and the 2000 Hague Convention
- overseas property
- clients living in the UK with property abroad
- clients living abroad
- clients moving abroad or buying property overseas
- notarisation, certification, the apostille and legalisation
- obtaining foreign legal advice
- UK clients returning from abroad.