Join us at the Law Society of England and Wales on Wednesday 23 March for a breakfast briefing on asset recovery. This event is being held in conjunction with the British Nigeria Law Forum.
With the Buhari-led administration demonstrating a real drive to combat against corruption - including money laundering and bribery - this breakfast briefing will examine the impact this has had on Nigerian legal services, both domestically and internationally, with a focus on recovering assets misappropriated from Nigeria.
Specific issues to be discussed will include but not be limited to:
- the identification of stolen assets, or assets that can be used in satisfaction of a civil judgement;
- steps that may be taken in England and Wales in support of civil proceedings in Nigeria; and
- obtaining jurisdiction to pursue civil cases in England and Wales with a view to repatriating assets.
Speakers confirmed are
- Segun Osuntokun, partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner (chair)
- Steven Haynes, investigator at Greyhawk
- Jessica Parker, partner at Corker Binning
- Jonathan Tickner, partner at Peters and Peters
Please confirm your attendance by registering here.
Location: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1PL
Time and date: Wednesday 23 March, 08:30-10:30