The 5th annual Lex Mex event, organised by the Mexican Chamber of Commerce and The Law Society of England and Wales, will take place on Thursday, 29th September in Chancery Lane.
Lex Mex is designed to foster closer relations between the English and Mexican legal professions. It is an excellent opportunity for English and Welsh lawyers to meet with leading colleagues from Mexico to discuss recent developments, challenges for working in the jurisdiction and opportunities for collaboration between British and Mexican law firms.
Mexico is forecast to become South America’s largest economy during the next decade and is an increasingly important trade and investment opportunity for UK companies in a wide range of sectors, including banking and finance, insurance, infrastructure and energy. At Lex Mex expert speakers will share their insights on key areas for law firms and their clients, including capital markets, labour law and how to practise in Mexico.
We are also pleased to welcome the Rt. Hon. Lady Justice Arden DBE, of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, and Justice Fernando Franco Gonzales-Salas, of the Mexican Supreme Court of Justice. Justice Gonzales-Salas will be delivering the keynote address on the impact of international treaties in decisions of the court.
The event will take place at The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane from 08.30 to 12.45. To find out more and book your place please visit the registration page here.
8:30 - 9:00 Registration
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome and opening remarks
- Robert Bourns, President of The Law Society
9:10 - 9:40 Update on the legal sector in Mexico
- Tim Girven, Legal 500
- Jacob Aitken, Kidd Aitken
9:40 - 10:00 Update on regulation and control of qualification and legal practice in Mexico
- Ricardo Cervantes Vargas, Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, ANADE
10:00 - 11:00 Legal developments in Mexico
- Hans Goebel, Nader, Hayaux & Goebel - Update on Capital Markets
- Jose Juan Méndez, Méndez Cortés, S.C. - Update on Intellectual Property
- Héctor González Graf, Marván, González Graf y González Larrazolo - Update on Labour Law
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee Break
11:15 - 12:00 Developments in International Litigation and Arbitration in Mexico: Main trends and challenges
- Carlos Malpica, Malpica, Iturbe, Buj y Paredes
- Jesús Ángel Guerra Méndez , Guerra González y Asociados
- Yves Hayaux du Tilly, Nader, Hayaux & Goebel (Moderator)
12:00 - 12:10 Introduction to Justice Fernando Franco González-Salas
- The Rt. Hon. Lady Justice Arden DBE, The Court of Appeal of England and Wales
12:10 - 12:35 Keynote address: Impact of International Treaties in the Decisions of the Mexican Supreme Court
- Justice Fernando Franco González-Salas, Mexican Supreme Court of Justice
12:35 - 12:45 Closing remarks
- Yves Hayaux du Tilly, Mexican Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain
- Word, Size 0.12 mb