The Law Society is welcoming a delegation of Malaysian law firms between 29 and 30 June. We are organising a two day programme which will include roundtable discussions, firm visits, networking lunches and tours of ‘Legal London’ and The Rolls Building/Commercial Court. When visiting firms, the delegation hopes to gain insight into the growth of the international legal services market.
There will be a networking reception at The Law Society offices on the evening of 29 June which we welcome members to attend. If you are interested in attending, please email Asia@lawsociety.org.uk.
The delegation will be a mix of Malaysia Bar Council representatives and senior lawyers with varied backgrounds such as commercial litigation, banking, property, civil litigation and arbitration. Full details on the delegation can be found below.
Representatives of the Malaysian Bar Council:
1. Steven Thiru, President of Malaysia Bar Council
2. George Varughese, Vice President of Malaysia Bar Council
3. Kenneth Ang, Director, Special Projects and International Liaison of Malaysia Bar Council
Members of the delegation:
1. Chris Tia Poh, Managing Partner at Tia & Noor Din (www.tiaandnoordin.com/)
2. Carolyn Joan Danker, Legal Associate at Danker & Co
3. Jagjit Gill, Senior Partner, Putra Gill
4. Iain Sedgley, Senior Partner, Sedgley & Co (www.sedgley.com.my)
5. Siew-Yan Mah, Associate Sedgley & Co (www.sedgley.com.my)
6. Janini Rajeswaran, Partner, Sreenevasan (www.sreenevasan.com)
7. Dato’ Ambiga Sreenevasan, Founder and Partner, Sreenevasan (www.sreenevasan.com)
8. Desmond Jude Louis, D.J. Louis & Co
9. Goh Siang Joo, Goh, Chea & Chong
10. Hazwan bin Mohd Nor, Tetuan Hazwan & Co
11. Md Yunos Shariff, Messrs Arman-Yunos
12. Yap Shao Ree, SR Yap & Partners
13. Oon Hooi Lin, Skrine