Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Junior Lawyers Division
Region and catchment area: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire
We host a variety of social events throughout the year together with seminars and lectures on a variety of topics relevant to young lawyers. Further details can be found on our website.
We are open to:
- qualified solicitors (up to 5 years’ PQE)
- professional support lawyers
- trainee solicitors
- legal executives
- LPC students
To join, please email us at email@example.com with your name, the name of your firm or organisation and your role.
The executive committee members are:
- President: Yvonne Dang
- Vice-president: Rebecca Ledgerwood
- Treasurer: Rebecca Ledgerwood
- General secretary: Rebecca Staunton
- National representative: Helen Dent
- Regional representative (Oxfordshire): Amy Whiting
- Regional representative (Berkshire): Simi Lawal
- Marketing secretary: Jennifer Scott
- Sponorship secretary: Farah Ali
- Sponsorship secretary: Nikita Sonecha
- Social secretary: Catherine Currie
- Social secretary: Sadia Azam
- Website secretary: Bushra Kiani
- Education secretary: Lyssa Reeve
- Diversity and inclusion secretary: Jessica Smith
- Sports secretary: Dinah Liu
- General member: Sarah McDonald
If you would like to join the committee, please get in touch with us via email to discuss.
Kent Junior Lawyers Division
Catchment area: Kent
Our aim is to offer our members a range of events that we hope will be of interest to junior members of the legal profession, whether you have only recently embarked on a path of legal study or are a solicitor with up to five years’ post-qualification experience. Membership is free and automatic for these junior members of the profession.
During the course of the year we will be holding a number of events designed to assist the professional development of our members in a sociable and enjoyable way. Our events will also provide the perfect platform for networking between young professionals. We also invite guest speakers to address members on matters of legal interest and importance.
The objectives of the JLD are to promote and facilitate the educational and professional development of its members, provide a forum for the exchange of ideas concerning the legal profession, and to represent the concerns and opinions of its members to the Law Society of England and Wales and to the local law societies in Kent. We welcome suggestions from members which serve to enhance and promote these objectives.
Details of forthcoming events will be announced through regular emails and on our LinkedIn page. General updates will be posted on the JLD website. Please fill out our form to sign up to the Kent JLD mailing list.
If you would like to get in touch with the Kent JLD committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The executive is represented on the Council of Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge & District Law Society and on the National JLD Committee.
The executive committee members are:
- Juanne Jambaz, president (01892 506 158)
- Kelly Arnold, vice president (01892 506 280)
- Victoria Redman, treasurer (01892 506 026)
- Samantha Lester, secretary (01622 698 045)
- Natasha Holme, awards and grants mediator (01892 506 089)
- Alex Bishop, IT co-ordinator (01892 701 276)
- Kulwinder Kaur, local Law Society representative (01474 351199)
South Hampshire Junior Lawyers Division
Catchment area: Southampton, Fareham, Portsmouth, Winchester and surrounding areas
The group runs regular social, networking and personal development events and skills workshops. It also runs various joint events with similar non-lawyer junior professional groups.
Annual membership fee: £40 (membership year runs from September)
Membership: paralegals and legal assistants, trainee solicitors and trainee legal executives, NQ solicitors and solicitors up to five years PQE, chartered legal executives, pupil barristers and barristers up to two years call
Committee contact details: The committee term runs from September to August, with elections held in early August.
President: Rebecca Munday
Vice president: Pascale Devlin
Treasurer: David Cribb
Secretary: Emma Smith
Events and Bar representatives: Claire Hook and Grace Nicholls
Events representative: James Looi
Sponsorhip representative: Iwan Thomas
National JLD representative: Charlotte Allery
SHJLD Ball representative: Natalie Williamson
Media and communications representative: Yasmin Curry
Please email email@example.com if you would like to be notified about future SHJLD events or have any further queries.
Catchment area: East and West Sussex
Sussex JLD exists as a forum for those new to the legal profession to network and socialise and provide opportunities for those at similar stages in their careers to share experiences.
Membership of the group is open to anyone who works or lives in the Sussex area and has an interest in the legal profession. So, students (studying for the LPC/BVC/GDL), paralegals, trainees, legal execs, solicitors and barristers (up to five years’ PQE) are all welcome.
The Sussex JLD’s committee is newly appointed and aims to get the group’s presence firmly established in the Sussex area. There are regular social events held in and around the Sussex area and in addition, the group is connected with the Universities, local law firms, local chambers, recruitment agencies and provides its members with training and professional development opportunities, career and recruitment advice. Please see the group’s website for full details of all its events.
Membership fee: £5
Contact: Katherine Stockwell (Chair), Jade Golesworthy (National representative)
Telephone number: 01273 327272
Membership: Students, Trainees, NQs, Solicitors
Young Surrey Lawyers
Young Surrey Lawyers (YSL) is a group of around 150 junior lawyers in Surrey including solicitors, trainees, paralegals, legal executives, junior barristers, and pupil barristers. The YSL committee is dedicated to providing a network that represents and supports junior lawyers in Surrey in a number of ways, including:
- providing support to trainee solicitors, those below 10 years’ PQE, legal executives, paralegals and pupil and junior barristers in the Surrey area
- improving networking among legal professionals in Surrey and, in particular, ensuring trainees and newly qualified solicitors are kept up to date with Junior Lawyers Division matters
- making a contribution to the education of those pursuing a career in law
- improving awareness of issues relating to the profession
- participating in pro bono activities to connect with the community in which we work
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be notified about future YSL events. There is no membership fee.
Future events will be advertised on the events page of the Surrey Law Society website and via email to those on our mailing list.
The Committee is now as follows:
- Madeleine Gooding- Chair/Treasurer
- Kate Walsgrove - Secretary
- Victoria Clarke - JLD/Surrey Law Society liaison
- Joshua Day- Communications/Equality and Diversity
- Harriet Hutchinson - Social media
- Beth Whaley- Social Secretary
Contact: Maddie Gooding - YSL chair/Treasurer