The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations replace the SRA Handbook from 25 November 2019.
There have been changes to the:
- Code of Conduct 2011
- Accounts Rules 2011.
We have a range of resources to help you and your firm comply with the new regulatory framework.
To help solicitors adapt, the Law Society has published two new practice notes on:
We’ve also updated our practice notes on the following topics:
- alternative business structures
- Bribery Act 2010
- client information requirements
- compliance officers
- conflict of interests
- file closure management
- information on letterheads, emails and websites
- Provision of Services Regulations 2009
- setting up a practice: regulatory requirements.
Please note that our practice notes are premium content, so you’ll need to log in to My Law Society to view them.