Welcome to the Junior Lawyers Division website
The JLD represents approximately 70,000 junior lawyers. Our membership includes solicitor apprentices, LPC students and graduates, trainee solicitors and solicitors up to five years' qualified. Membership is free and automatic.
The role of the JLD is to support, promote and represent its members across England and Wales to ensure any development of the profession is in the best interests of our members.
Although the JLD is a division of the Law Society, we have an independent representative voice.
Our focus for 2019 includes:
- access to the profession (including the SRA proposal for a centralised assessment, the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) to qualify as a solicitor)
- access to justice
- continuing to promote resilience and wellbeing in the profession
- raising awareness and educating our members of the impact and development of legaltech
We have a number of London-based and regional events in the pipeline for 2019.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or comments you have, and - as your representative body - we will be happy to assist.
For regular updates, follow us on:
- Twitter (@juniorlawyers)
- Instagram (@juniorlawyersdivision)
- Facebook (Junior Lawyers Division)
- LinkedIn (The Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society of England and Wales)
Chair, Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society