The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) represents the bars and law societies of 32 member countries and 13 further associate and observer countries, and through them more than 1 million European lawyers.
The CCBE was founded in 1960, as the ramifications of the European Economic Community on the legal profession started to be seriously considered (see the CCBE’s History).
In the special edition newsletter on migration you can read about:
- The European Lawyers in Lesvos project sending European lawyers to Lesvos to give legal assistance to migrants
- The perspective of the CCBE on the migrations crisis
- The Greek perspective on the migration crisis
- The work on the ground in Lesvos
- Other CCBE activities in the field of migration