Join the Seminar for British Solicitors and UK Accountants who advise Clients with Assets Abroad. Main focus is on Germany, but speakers will also briefly touch upon Austria and Switzerland.
English Solicitor Stan Harris, OBE and German lawyer Bernhard Schmeilzl, LLM (Leicester) are experienced experts in international succession law, especially British-German probate matters and cross-border inheritance tax issues.
On Thursday, 3 November 2016, they offer a seminar for British lawyers and accountants who advise clients with German assets, bank accounts, stocks and investments. Real life case studies will illustrate how to tackle efficiently tackle probate matters connected to Germany.
The topics include:
- Understanding German Wills and Intestacy Rules
- Will Preparation for International Families and Expats
- Making English Wills work in Germany
- Access Foreign Assets in Germany: is Probate unavoidable?
- Speed up Probate Procedure
- Mitigate Inheritance Tax in both Countries
There will also be a guest talk from Juliane Busch, the German consular officer in charge of probate affairs at the German Embassy in London.