This webinar provides essential guidance if you advise and assist clients on the purchase of commercial property and you want a better understanding of the Stamp Duty Land Tax rules.
The session covers:
- SDLT basics on the purchase of freehold and leasehold property.
- Identifying linked transactions and calculating SDLT.
- SDLT and overage payments.
- SDLT on lease variations and overlap relief.
- The special SDLT partnership rules.
Participants will benefit because:
- They will have a clearer understanding of the SDLT rules applicable to the purchase of commercial property.
- They will be able to recognise the SDLT implications of more complex transactions.
Who should participate:
- Anyone who advises and assists clients on the purchase of commercial property will benefit from attending this webinar.
Speaker: Julian Moran, Director & Head of Tax , Lupton Fawcett LLP.
Julian started his legal career as a trainee solicitor with what is now Squire Patton Boggs, qualifying into the Tax Department in 2002. Since then Julian has worked in the Tax teams of Ernst & Young, Walker Morris and Gordons, before becoming a member of Lupton Fawcett LLP. He advises clients on the tax implications of the whole range of corporate and property transactions.
Julian advises on all aspects of Stamp Duty Land Tax and has done so since its introduction in 2003.