This webinar provides essential guidance if you advise and assist clients on the purchase of residential property in the UK and you want a better understanding of the stamp duty land tax (SDLT) rules.
Broadcast live on Tuesday 30 October (12:30-13:30), the session covers:
- SDLT basics on the purchase of residential property
- the super 15 per cent flat rate
- the mixed-use rule
- purchases of multiple dwellings
- the higher (+3 per cent) rates
- the main differences for equivalent transactions in Scotland and Wales.
Speaker: Sean Randall, associate partner, KPMG LLP
Sean is head of UK stamp taxes at KPMG, finalist in the Taxation Awards for Best Big Four Tax Group. He has almost 20 years’ experience advising, amongst others, developers, investors, occupiers, funds and banks on stamp taxes in connection with real estate transactions, group reorganisations, corporate reconstructions, demergers and placings.