This webinar examines the recent developments in conveyancing and property law.
Concentrating on recent developments in conveyancing and property law, this webinar is ideal for the busy conveyancer who will find it both practical and relevant allowing them to keep up to date with topical issues, changing practice and the impact of case law.
The webinar will be broadcast on Tuesday 10 April 2018, 14:00 - 15:00.
The webinar will cover:
- the effect of the Minimum Energy Efficiency Regulations on residential property
- fraud in conveyancing
- the new Welsh Land Transaction Tax
- changes to the Standard Conditions of Sale
- modification and discharge of restrictive covenants
- the new register of beneficial owners of overseas companies
- easements by long user
- VAT on search fees
- changes to conveyancing searches
- current leasehold issues including the latest on leasehold enfranchisement
- Land Registry developments including the latest on local land charges and digital conveyancing
- latest Law Society guidance
- recent case law relevant to residential conveyancing.
Russell Hewitson, Associate Professor of Law
Russell Hewitson is an associate professor at Northumbria Law School, Northumbria University. Russell has over 30 years’ experience of conveyancing and property law. He is chair of the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Land Law Committee. He writes for publication and lectures extensively on conveyancing and property-related matters. He is author of Conveyancing Searches and Enquiries (Jordans) and the Licensing Law Handbook (The Law Society). He is general editor of Precedents for the Conveyancer , Practical Conveyancing Precedents and Practical Lease Precedents (Sweet & Maxwell) and consultant editor of the Conveyancing Handbook (The Law Society).
This webinar is inclusive of your Property Section membership.