Concentrating on recent developments in conveyancing and property law, this webinar is ideal for busy conveyancers.
Providing practical insights into the recent changes in property developments, this webinar will keep you up to date with topical issues, changing practice and the impact of case law.
Broadcast live on Wednesday 5 June, this webinar covers:
- the new Law Society Code for Completion by Post
- the new Conveyancing Protocol
- invasion of privacy
- enfranchisement of common parts
- the need to abide by absolute covenants in a lease
- recreational easements
- forfeiting a long residential lease
- houses in multiple occupation
- unfair terms and lease extensions
- should a fraudster be able to sue their negligent solicitor?
- service charges
- Tenant Fees Act 2019
- adverse possession
- SDLT surcharge for non-UK resident buyers
- Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018
Speaker: Russell Hewitson, associate professor of law, Northumbria Law School
Russell has over 30 years’ experience of conveyancing and property law. He is chair of the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Land Law Committee, and writes and lectures extensively on conveyancing and property law-related matters.
He is author of Conveyancing Searches and Enquiries , Residential Conveyancing Practice and the Licensing Law Handbook. Russell is co-author of Conveyancing Checklists. He is general editor of Precedents for the Conveyancer, Practical Conveyancing Precents and Practical Lease Precedents and consultant editor of the Conveyancing Handbook.
This webinar is inclusive to Property Section members.