What do we need to consider when acting for clients who wish to create trusts? How can we make sure we avoid creating problems?
Join our webinar to learn about the legal foundations which underpin trust creation. Broadcast on 31 March 2020, the webinar covers trust law basics and common errors to avoid.
This webinar is aimed at newly qualified solicitors, returners to practice, or those transferring into private client law. It covers the foundations when implementing trusts, including what to consider and the checklist to review.
The webinar includes:
- different types of trust and when they can be helpful
- requirements for the constitution of a valid trust including:
- effective transfer of property
- three certainties
- perpetuities and accumulations
- summary of the key areas of regulatory compliance and admin behind trusts.
SRA continuing competency code: A2, B1, D3.
Speaker: Naomi Neville TEP, senior associate solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
Naomi has a broad experience in private client work and assists her clients with estate and tax planning, advising on wills, lifetime giving, and the preparation of lasting powers of attorney (for personal and business use). She also has expertise in setting up and managing trusts.
Private Client Section Supporter