This inclusive webinar covers the pros (and cons) of becoming a non-executive director.
It is common for professionals to want to extend their corporate life by serving on boards as a non-executive director (NED). This webinar provides insight into the practical steps and likely timing for securing your first NED role.
The webinar will cover:
- pros and cons of being a NED
- how the nature of a NED role differs depending on the type of organisation
- timing for seeking your first NED role
- adapting your CV for each opportunity
- building your networks and being proactive, persistent and patient
- gaining champions to support your quest
- understanding the NED selection process
- tips for successful interviews for NED roles
- Annemarie Durbin, chair at Cater Allen Private Bank, NED at Santander UK Plc (Remco chair) and chair at WH Smith Plc (Remco chair)