This webinar is aimed at legal and HR professionals holding management positions and it will look at how to address mental health issues amongst staff.
Poor mental health is one of the biggest issues in the workplace today, causing over 70 million working days to be lost each year. Recent statistics reveal that 95 per cent of solicitors say they are stressed, with 16 per cent at ‘severe’ or ‘extreme’ levels; and one in four people working in the legal sector are considering leaving their job due to poor wellbeing.
This webinar is aimed at legal and HR professionals holding management positions. It will look at how to address mental health issues amongst staff - offering practical tips to reduce stress, improve wellbeing and reduce the impact on your firm.
Our three expert speakers will share case study examples and provide practical guidance for you to implement within your workplace.
- Nigel Jones, partner at Linklaters, will share the mental health challenges he’s seen within his own firm, what senior partners can do to tackle these, and the measures taken at Linklaters
- Bruce Macmillan, director at MAC Law Limited, will examine what clients really want from their solicitors, and whether firms put unnecessary and detrimental pressure on themselves to meet internal targets
- Joy Reymond, head of vocational rehabilitation services for Unum, will give practical advice on how firms can improve mental health in the workplace and support employees when problems do arise
Who should participate?
This webinar is suitable for all solicitors in management positions and HR officers with an interest in managing mental health within the profession, particularly:
- Those involved at a senior level in the development of employee wellbeing programmes or strategies
- Those interested in managing their own health and wellbeing
Nigel Jones, partner, Linklaters
Bruce Macmillan, director, MAC Law Limited
Joy Reymond, head of rehabilitation services, Unum