Join this (inclusive to Competition Section) webinar to gain an understanding of how competition law and the Block Exemption applies to the insurance sector and the impact on the insurance market of its non-renewal.
Presented by Stephen Smith, partner and head of competition, RPC and Fergus Broderick, senior legal adviser, RSA, by participating you will:
- Understand the reasoning behind the European Commission’s decision not to renew the Insurance Block Exemption Regulation
- Receive an overview of how the regime will apply to the insurance sector in future
- Gain a practical insight into how insurance undertakings can ensure continued compliance
The session will cover:
- Overview of existing regime and proposed changes and new guidelines
- Insight into EU policy on sector specific exemptions
- Practical insight into continued compliance
Who should participate?
- Competition lawyers
- Insurance lawyers
Stephen Smith, partner, Bristows
Stephen Smith is a partner in the Competition team at Bristows, Stephen has extensive experience advising across a broad range of EU and UK competition law matters, including representing clients on complex merger investigations and in relation to cartel and other anti-trust investigations before regulators in the UK and the European Commission.
Fergus Broderick, senior legal adviser, RSA Fergus has over 20 years’ experience of working in the insurance sector and has oversight of Competition Law compliance at RSA.
Recorded 16 September 2016