Join this webinar which will focus on recent developments in the field of mediation.
This webinar is inclusive to Civil Litigation Section members.
By attending this webinar, you’ll gain:
- an understanding of the direction of travel for mediation nationally and internationally
- a knowledge about rule changes that may be brought in to implement the Civil Justice Council Report
- the impact of Lomax v Lomax
What will the webinar cover?
The webinar will cover the:
- Civil Justice Council Report on alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and possible Court rule changes
- Notice to Mediate procedure
- Mediation Pilots
- position in Scotland
- Singapore Convention on Mediation
- role of the Civil Mediation Council
Peter Causton, mediator at ProMediate
Peter is a civil and commercial and workplace mediator. He’s conducted many mediations in a multitude of different areas. He’s civil litigation representative on the Law Society Council. He’s also a solicitor, barrister and DDJ and is on the Judicial Liaison Committee dealing with the implementation of the Civil Justice Council’s ADR Report.
He set up a CMC registered mediation provider and CTSI regulated ADR Provider providing ADR solutions for consumer v business disputes. ProMediate runs the Manchester Mediation Pilot and has been shortlisted for awards including the 2020 Personal Injury Awards for Mediation Achiever of the year. Peter won the award for Mediator of the Year (Highly Commended) in 2018 at the National Mediation Awards.