Included in Civil Litigation Section membership, this one-hour webinar will provide concise, practical guidance on raising funds through crowdfunding. Learn more about using crowdfunding as a potential tool to attract more work and receive expert advice on the principal risks associated with this innovative funding model.
The webinar will cover the following topics, providing practical guidance in raising funds from crowdfunding:
• Brief introduction to the advantages and concerns about third-party funding
• Crowdfunding explained
• For which types of litigation is it suitable?
• How does the litigator work with the crowdfunder?
• Professional issues to bear in mind.
You should participate if you are:
• a head of litigation
• an assistant solicitor and other fee earners engaged in litigation
• in-house counsel seeking ways of moving litigation risk off the balance sheet.
Speaker: Tony N Guise, director, GUISE Solicitors
Tony founded GUISE Solicitors in 2003 as the first commercial litigation boutique firm. His firm specialises in heavy commercial litigation, acts in disputes about solicitors charges and defends those prosecuted by the SRA and the FCA. Tony has worked with many of the leading third-party funders in the market. He supported Lord Justice Jackson’s recommendation in the Jackson Report for a voluntary self-regulating code for funders which has come to be administered by the Association of Litigation Funders.