Be prepared for the new package travelling regulations which will be effective from 1 January 2018.
Holidays are among the most expensive purchases we all make, and yet the consumer protection law for holidays dates back to 1992. The world has changed so much since then, from the internet to terrorism, all impacting travel and holidays.
A new Package Travel Regulations, covering more holidays, and dealing with holiday legal problems in the modern world, will be in place from 1st January 2018. Join this webinar, presented by Stephen Mason, partner at TravLaw LLP, to find out more about it.
The session will cover:
- The new wide definition of a ‘package – what is protected?
- The new Linked Travel Arrangements
- What protection do they give
- Injury and illness claims on holiday
- Force majeure – new consumer rights
- A new duty of care for customers in difficulty.
Who should participate?
- Solicitors and others who advise consumers
- Solicitors and others who advise the travel industry and insurers
- Those who work in the consumer advice sector
- Solicitors who sit as Deputy District Judges
Recorded on 18 October 2017
This webinar is inclusive to your membership.