With a few months to go until the UK leaves the EU, we consider the more pressing issues that Brexit brings for in-house lawyers.
Members joined us for a free seminar in Birmingham for an update on the current Brexit negotiations and practical guidance on how in-house lawyers can best prepare for the UK’s exit.
The seminar covered:
1. An update on where we are: the government’s policies and approach
- Update from the Law Society policy team on its Brexit activities
- Overview of what the current Brexit negotiations and proposed future framework will mean broadly for in-house lawyers
2. The impact of the in-house sector and preparations your legal team can start making
- How will legal professional privilege be affected by Brexit?
- What will it mean for the UK as a jurisdiction and the enforcement of judgments?
- How will it affect commercial contracts and financing documents?
- What will it mean for privacy and data protection?
The seminar took place at 18:00-19:50 on 16 Janurary at Squire Patton Boggs, Rutland House, 148 Edmund Street, Birmingham B3 2JR and was followed by networking drinks.
The seminar was free of charge for in-house lawyers.